Monday 21 February 2011

An Introduction to … My Wedding Wonderland


Some of us started dreaming about getting married when we were much younger and already had a dream dress designed and the ideal venue chosen but others, and I include myself in this category, had never given their big day a second thought until the proposal and were suddenly faced with the daunting task of planning a wedding!

I had never heard of ‘Save the Dates’ and I didn’t realise there were so many types of photography! I thought the only flowers I needed was my bouquet and had no idea that the reception tables were usually named!


I had only been to two weddings before my own (at one of those I was only 9 years old!) and I was the first of my friends to get married too so to say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement!


After 22 months of Bridesmaid planning meetings (loved these – great excuse to see your friends!), sleepless nights spent worrying over the silliest things and yoyo dieting, the big day arrived and it was perfect…well kind of.


I broke my tooth while eating my breakfast (one of the back ones thank goodness!), my wedding make-up that I had spent £150 on from MAC disappeared on the morning of my wedding (well actually my Dad, not realising what it was, hid the bag in the cupboard under the stairs because he didn’t want our photographer thinking the house was messy!), my Mum didn’t fix my veil on properly so it blew away as I walked out of the Church, it was the hottest day in YEARS and my bridesmaid got burnt to bits BUT it was still the best day I could ever have wished for!! I didn’t care about any of those things on the day - I married my gorgeous husband and all our friends and family had a great time!


After getting married a huge void was left - I had a bad case of post wedding blues! I was pining for my magazines and couldn’t help but log back into the forums I had used. I tried their Off Topic/After Your Married alternatives but they just weren’t the same!


So, I decided to start this blog. It gives me the chance to share my personal experiences and at the same time showcase some of the UK’s finest talents in the wedding industry. One of my new loves is American weddings which I am hoping to try and incorporate into the blog at some point. They have such great ideas which can add a real personal touch to your day.


I am starting off with a brief wedding planner which will be posted from next Monday (28th February) and this will include help and tips from some top industry experts! I will be posting a full list of the topics that will be included and if anyone would like to contribute then please feel free to email me – myweddingwonderland@yahoo.co.uk


I hope you enjoy!


Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment